THE JOB THAT PAYS WELL

I haven't written in quite a while
Don't know why it has been so
Was I busy enough to leave my pen alone
Or I just have exhausted all my will in one go

I haven't talked to anyone beautiful in quite a while
Don't know why it has been so
Are beautiful people in short supply somehow
Or have I exhausted all my options in one go.

I haven't read a good book  in quite a while 
Don't why it has been so
Have I have been lazier than ever before?
Or have I learnt all I need to know?

I haven't seen the people those matter in quite a while
Don't know why it has been so.
Have I assumed they will be there for me every time after all?
Or is someone closer to them now, of whom I don't know

Only one reason I can think of
About why it has been so and so
My new job pays me hefty well
Maybe even bought my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SILENCE AND I